Tuesday, July 24, 2012

TA at Last!

I really needed the relaxing time in under a gorgeous sky this morning while Pearl had her first swim lesson, but on the way home at 2pm I started to wonder if Jasper would have news. He didn't but I didn't have long to wait. The call came on the cell just as I was ringing up the agency to see what could possibly be wrong. Nothing wrong now. (I'm purposely  restraining my use of exclamation points).

One of the agency's employees specializes in arranging travel, and she said we could go Aug. 1st (next week!) or Aug. 8th. We opted for the 8th. I think we could have done the 1st, but I don't know if my family would have still liked me by the end of that week. This way we also get to participate in Bible School for the first two nights, and I'm directing it, so I can get it started and answer those first night questions.

Now we're tentatively scheduling the girls' caregivers while we are gone.  Pearl got a little sad when she realized she wasn't going--she knew this, but it sunk in deeper, I guess, with all this. Now she's fine. I sold her on all the fun she'll have with family members in our absence. I called to request prescriptions for us and Ruby. Otherwise, I *think* I have most of what we'll need already squirreled away upstairs.


The date is soon, but it means I'll be home for the start of the semester and the VBS closing will cover one of Jasper's missed Sundays.  God's plans were great!

No comments: