Wednesday, July 04, 2012

The Adoption Community, Online

We don't have all that many adoptive families in our church or circle of friends, and as of now we know are acquainted with just a few families that have chosen international adoption.  I'm sure that will change as we get involved with the York chapter of Families with Children from China (FCC). We went to their Moon festival in the fall, but we were waiting until Ruby joined us to sign up officially.  They are a very nice bunch of families. The girls had a great time playing with kids their age, and I got to meet a darling little girl newly adopted.

So, in the absence of real people, I've learned a lot online. I've read blogs and I've skulked around China Adopt Talk, a huge forum.  After reading it for a while, I decided to jump on the chart they maintain to figure out how the paperwork is moving. The travel date is so up in the air, that figuring things out was one ridiculous way of trying to control the situation.  A forum person maintains the list, and you can compare yourself to others as they gradually move toward Travel Approval (TA).  On the link above you can see my progression if you care to do so--I'm tulip480.

So now I'm nearing TA, and then we'll leave.


No comments: