Friday, February 27, 2015

Delayed Valentines

After two snow delays, we finally met as a co-op, and this meant the delayed Valentine card exchange took place.  All the little ones dumped their boxes and admired their collection of cards and candy during our potluck lunch.  Very sweet.

I am teaching Bird Science to two age groups, so both Sapphire and Pearl take my class.  This week we learned about beak adaptations, and the Kindergarteners made some Baltimore Orioles to take home. 

On the left you see some of the tools we used to replicated bird beaks.  One thing I appreciate about co-op is that it allows us to fully revel in hands-on lab lessons.  No one wanted to be stuck with the eyedropper until I pulled out the sugar water.  Then they were all jealous.


Pennsylvania homeschoolers are supposed to keep a list of the books their reporting age children read.  This week Pearl burned through several audio books as she sewed.  Her daddy and I talked her into giving The Secret Garden another chance, and, even though it didn't have a quest or fairies, Pearl eventually agreed  that Dickon was worth waiting for, and Mary did improve.  Then it was back to sci-fi with The Spiderwick Chronicles and the seemingly endless 39 Clues series. 

Finally, my publisher contacted me to say that they will be putting out a second edition of my book  this coming September.  We're going paperback.

No comments: