Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Cookie Factory

As of now Sapphire is done the four rounds of shots for her possible rabies exposure. The ER nurses are probably as happy as we are that this is done. When I asked Sapphire how it went, she said it went better than the rest, but her daddy later told me it took three nurses and himself to hold all the parts of her down while she screamed.  I think her resilient mind has rewritten the course of events.


Our church Christmas program filled our 1774 stone church with beautiful music, and a very cute nativity scene, complete with a real baby. 


My interview with the Brian Lehrer Show on WNYC went very well, and I'm set up for two more interviews with him, one planned for the television broadcast next week.  I am well aware that my inbox will stop receiving emails about radio chats next week when Christmas suddenly becomes old news, but at least I now know what it is like! 

Our annual sand tart party took place today. Three little girls, a dozen cookie cutters, five bowls of colored sugar, and only one mommy/rolling pin combination. 




Brie has become such a fixture in our family in the two months since we found her at the SPCA. We think now Ruby isn't having the allergic skin reactions she had at first, so she gets to shower the doggie with love too.

You have to love a pup that adores your daughter as much as she does.  When I take Brie out for a stroll at night, she can't keep her mind on the purpose of our walk because she has to keep checking to see if Pearl is coming, or, at the very least, watching her from a window. When we walk down the road, she is distracted as we head away from the house but very focused as she hikes back home, back to her Pearl. A girl and her dog.




No comments: