Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Enjoying 1525

The kids from our home school group 


Last year we missed out on our annual Youth Day trip to the Renaissance Faire, so this was Ruby's first visit. She was shocked to see the mudlarks jumping into the mud. Why would grown ups want to get so dirty?

Sapphire said she liked it all, but I think she especially enjoyed the wandering costumed performers bowing to her and calling her princess. She even developed a little curtsy by the end of the day in response.  We will definitely dress up next year. 

With the summer sadly drawing to a close, I have been gearing up for our church Bible school, which always falls late in the summer. I've also been preparing for the school year with my college syllabi, the new books Pearl needs, and reviewing the kindergarten lessons that I'll now be covering with Sapphire. 

Last weekend I had a mommy-daughter weekend with Sapphire, and we chatted about her future plans over our breakfast tea party. When asked what she wants to be when she grows up, she said "I want to be parents." I'm not sure why that is plural, but I did ask if she wanted to adopt or grow her babies in her belly. She said she wanted to adopt at least one so she could fly on a plane.


No comments: