Thursday, December 12, 2013

Snowy Weekend


We had a weekend of culture and family gatherings, starting with a performance of the Nutcracker. The two bigger girls went with me to that. Sapphire found it hard to stay still except during the battle between the mice and the soldiers. Every now and then I would look over to see her arms held above her head, mimicking the fifth position of  the ballerina.

We also visited Fort Hunter, a mansion and estate on the bank of the Susquehanna north of Harrisburg. I love touring historic homes, so hopefully all the girls will learn to enjoy it. I was pleased with how Pearl was able to identify most of the kitchen equipment. I found that holding Sapphire was the best way to keep her hands off the breakables.






My parents hosted a birthday celebration for three of us, and the next day was my sister's baby shower. The unexpectedly hardy snow storm made it tough for our guests, but we had a nice time together. Pearl enjoyed helping her aunt with the games.



Today we worked our Christmas architectural magic on some graham crackers and leftover candy from Halloween (and Easter!).




Pearl has been reading a chapter book called Who Was Helen Keller? She finds it fascinating. 







 Just a little anticipation around here!
.













No comments: