Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Waiting for Apple Blossoms





Pearl has been studying Africa lately, and last night she sculpted a salt-dough map of the continent. Tonight she painted it to show the different vegetation zones.  I benefit from so many ideas on the internet, like this one!






 


Sapphire is looking forward to her play date tomorrow with Miss D, an adult friend from church. I have found this relationship to be a real blessing for me.  While I fail to keep Sapphire still in her seat at church, sitting with her pew buddies, she seems able to make it through the whole service without a problem.  It is also nice for a middle child to get such special attention, I think. Here she is at her friend's house earlier this week. They made a fairy garden with live plants, which now graces our kitchen table.

When she got in the car with Miss D. on Sunday for a brief lunch visit, she looked at me dramatically and assured me that "I'll still love you mommy."





Over the weekend they enjoyed a nice meal and one last Easter egg hunt with the grandparents.  Not an egg was left behind!










Sapphire enjoyed tracing her letters and numbers in a cornmeal tray today. She is just figuring out how to hold her pencil, so this is less frustrating.  She's never liked to color with crayons, so it is neat (if a little painful) to see her practicing these new skills.

This weekend my husband will be traveling, and I plan to go to the annual homeschooling curriculum fair. I love picking up bargain workbooks and other idea books, mostly gently used things that other families in the area are ready to pass along. I really can't manage this with three little ones, so they will have a babysitter to entertain Saturday morning while I go book shopping. 
flowering tree at the church

No comments: