Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Reflecting on Christmas

Christmas breakfast--before the crumbs!
We have had a quiet few weeks since Christmas. The girls have resumed schoolwork, and Pearl joined Envirathon, an environmental science program that is pretty big in our county. I also made a brief visit to the Scranton campus for some training.

After three weeks, I finally looked over our Christmas pictures, and there are some sweet moments we caught. This Christmas we had our most successful homemade scones ever. The girls were very patient as we had a candle-lit breakfast before opening presents.  I borrowed that candles-in-the-morning tradition from Denmark.


A healthy snack for Santa.
I was struck with how blessed we are to live so close to all of our siblings and parents so that we get to see them at Christmas. Of course the girls loved their presents. I won't list them here, but I do know what outfits the two little ones wear the most.  I finally got these off of them after days of nonstop Elsa impersonation. 

Happy New Year!

No comments: