Thursday, May 15, 2014

Our New House

Our church praise team organized an amazing day of outdoor worship with a picnic and bouncy house this last Saturday. The worship team set up on the site of what will be our new worship facility. They had staked it out and spray painted the outline of the new building, then they set up on what will be the stage. It was such a nice day! My kids bounced for hours, and they also enjoyed some face painting bliss.


Three days later my husband and I went to settlement on our new house. It is six minutes from our current house, and Ruby calls it the duck house, to differentiate. This new one does come with twelve koi and four ducks. All the girls have gotten to name them. Pearl quickly named hers 'Thomas'; Ruby named hers 'Black', I named mine 'Caspian', and Sapphire petitioned to also name hers 'Thomas' or 'Tom,' but so far her petition has been denied. I don't think she is letting that stop her, though, and boy, does that bother Pearl.

The house was built in 1875. It is mostly stone with a wooden addition. After weeks of packing the old house up, I have realized that I much prefer unpacking, because then you get to sort and organize, and that is something I love.

We now have one outbuilding for each member of the family. There is a duck house, a very tidy hen house, a hog shed full of wood from past projects, a picturesque stone smokehouse, and a two-story stone building with a weird lift inside that we cannot figure out at all. 

So far I've painted Pearl's room and mostly unpacked the kitchen. The rest is tougher, since we are waiting for the big move to get the dressers in place. 

My husband has not been able to join in unpacking because he had his six month coiling check up. They said the aneurism looks just as it is supposed to, and all is well.  This time they scoped it through the femoral artery, so he is now restricted to lifting five pounds or less for the next ten days.  Of course, none of the boxes I have packed weigh less than five pounds. 

We plan to have the big move and relocate ourselves the week of the 28th of May (maybe that Wednesday, but I'm not positive yet).

No comments: