Thursday, January 16, 2014

Crafting in the New Year

 


The Christmas break is really over now and we are back to school here. We've begun testing some projects for our upcoming co-op semester, including candle dipping. It did not make nearly the mess I anticipated, but it does take a long time to melt wax.  The two big girls *loved* it. Sapphire ran around holding her little unlit, lumpy candle all evening.












Pearl asked to learn more about the Holy Lands since she is going to join her daddy's tour group in a few months. We're making a unit study out of it, so she is learning the science of the Dead Sea's salinity, the geography of the region, and the history of some of the sites she will see.  We also used this as an excuse to watch Ben Hur.







We have a few other projects knocking around, including this fun Christmas gift. The girls like delivering mail to themselves through the mailbox. 









And this is a gift I made for myself. I've wanted Victorian-style silhouettes of the girls for ages, and I decided it was time to make them before their little girl chubby cheeks had all disappeared. 

For those of you looking for an update on Sapphire's prayer life, I asked her why she felt the need to pray for unpoisoned food. She said she thought maybe some Bad Guys would sneak into the house and poison our food.  I am relieved that she wasn't suspecting me. 

 
 







No comments: