Friday, January 25, 2013

Pet Shop in the Deep Freeze

This week the girls have been playing puppy pet shop like crazy. Hours of moving little puppy dogs from sofa to bench to pillow. These little guys have the life. Fortunately they don't even have to go outside into the bitter cold.

We're not sure how Sapphire developed her crooked "I'm not going to smile just because you want me to, but I'll do this" mouth. 

Here she's cuddling her kitty that sometimes is said to scratch.
We stumbled upon an amazing and unexpected motivation for Pearl's school work.  If she stays up until 10pm for additional adult attention and cuddle time, she tackles her school work with gusto the next morning.  I assumed staying up late would make her grumpier, but it does not seem to, and she's been even more pleasant when I give her tasks. 

Our studies have included Jamestown & William Penn this week. I found some interactive coin games that she asks to do, perhaps not realizing they are school-related.

I feel like our week has been slowed down by physical ailments a little. Ruby has had an unfortunate cough for a week. She can make us all freeze when it gets to the "I might gag" stage.  I, meanwhile, pulled an arch tendon in my foot and have been tromping around like a troll. 


If anyone is interested in these puppies, I'm told they will be ready for pick up in a few weeks.

No comments: